Dedication and Devotion

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blessed Those Who Are Grateful Everyday

On Monday, December 1st 2008, I've managed to walk again without crutches. About 3 weeks ago I've suffered from a terrible knee injury during my routine Sunday sport. My left knee ligaments were torn bad and at that time I couldn't even raise my leg. Plus it hurts like hell. If I have to illustrate how that happen, I can make it easy explaining to you that my body and thigh turned, while my calf did not because my foot was deeply 'planted' on the pitch. So, the knee joint sort of twisted 90 degree to the counter clockwise generating the sound of a smashed cracker inside my ears. I couldn't stand up at that time until my friends helped me. The shocking thing was, I felt my lower leg can rotate like shoulders, which of course it wasn't suppose to.I'm getting better now, even though I still can not bend my knee as used to be and it still feels funny inside.

Before this, I never ever imagine that I would be standing and walking with crutches for 3 full weeks and I feel that people are supposed to be healthy walking on their own feet. Not until the day it happened of course. Now, I look at people walking down the street, run forth and back, jogs, and the feeling was like ,"How lucky these people are with pair of healthy legs." A sentence that never before reside in my head. It is a mystery how life can turn from good to bad to one person, vice versa. And still human can't tell when those days would come.

I tried to analyze my feeling and had come to a conclusion that I'm not too grateful before. I always look for more and more. While never show enough gratitude for what I've acquired. Indirectly, this is also exhausting for my mind. I tried to practice myself of being more grateful these past few weeks and I have positive results from it. I feel more energized, more positive, better sleep quality, and I can ate more. Knowing this, I think that the wisest thing to do in my future is being more grateful for what I have in my life, while still being optimistic for the forthcoming days. The balance will be the key for a more life quality.

No comments:

Search Result

CNN.com